Installation:To run this program you need .Net Framework 2 to be installed. You can download it from here or here.
Just extract the archive to your PC and run the setup.exe file. Install the application. After the installation finished run the application from your desktop.
- To convert a table from a database, choose the SQL Server from a drop-down menu or type the name of the server. Choose authentication mode and click "Connect".
- Choose the database name from a drop-down menu and click "View content"
- Click one of the "Convert" buttons to convert the file to TXT, CSV or XML formats
- Choose the target file and click OK.
- To convert all table in your database just check the "All Tables" option and click on one of the convrting buttons.
- Choose the target path and click OK.
Converting all tables in a database:
How to use SQL Converter in command line:The format of the command is:
for Windows authentication use:
sqlconveter.exe [server] [database] [table] [target path] [type]
for SQL authentication use:
sqlconveter.exe [server] [database] [table] [target path] [type] [username] [password]
- server - Enter the name of the server.
- database - Enter the name of the database.
- table - Enter the name of the table or use -a to convert all tables
- target path - path of the target file or folder if you want to convert all tables. Please note that this path must NOT end with a slash '\'
- type - Enter the type of the target file: txt, csv or xml
- username - Optional: In case you use SQL authentication, enter the user name you use to log in
- username - Optional: In case you use SQL authentication, enter the password you use to log in
sqlconverter.exe SQLServer MyDB MyTable "c:\Output\mytable.csv" csv
sqlconverter.exe SQLServer MyDB -a "c:\Output" txt
sqlconverter.exe SQLServer MyDB MyTable "c:\Output\mytable.csv" csv admin pass
What is the difference between the TXT and CSV formats?
TXT format is a regular text file - the text in the target file will be separated by a comma (",") symbol.
CSV format its a special text file - text in the target file will be separated by a semicolon symbol (";"). Each value that contains special characters like inverted commas, spaces or commas will be marked by additional inverted commas.